Monday, June 18, 2012

Tutu Awesome

I started this project yesterday, but had a weird work schedule so it didn't get finished until today. I usually work on Sundays from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, but yesterday I had to work from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. We were resetting the entire jewelry department which took pretty much all night. If you are ever in a JoAnn store check out the jewelry department and see just how many pegs there are and imagine having to move all of those pegs...A LOT! Every panel in that department changed. There were five of us and the only reason we got it done that night was because I got a head start on Friday and Saturday and knocked out about five panels. Anyway, here is my card.
This is a 6 1/4"x4 1/2" card. I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the fairy and for the "You're tutu awesome!!" sentiment. The "Thank You" sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp. I paper pieced the fairy and then added waterfall, yellow, and glam pink Stickles. I also used glossy accents on her flower hat and used some chalk to give her a little blush on her cheeks. I pop-dotted each layer of her tutu for some dimension. I also used pop-dots on her head when I adhered it to the card.
I made this for the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. That is tutu adorable! Haha! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! It's just tutu cute!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sparkly ruffles on the tutu! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! That little ballerina is just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, she is just too, too cute! The sparkly wings and tutu are perfect! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup.
    Sheri (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Paula! I love your paper piecing on the ballerina. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out so cute.. I love all the layers and the glitter. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete