Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Elf Gift Box & Card

I just loved the Christmas cracker box I made for my brother the other day that I wanted to make another one to have on hand.  I don't know if it will get used this year, but it is such a cute box and fairly easy to assemble so I just had to make another.  I made a matching card for it as well.

The box is cut using Tags, Bags, Boxes, & More 2 at 9."  I assembled it, but didn't glue the ends, I just tied them with ribbon.  That way if it does get used I can just untie the ends, slip in the gift and tie them back up!  The green striped cardstock is from the Evergreen Stack by DCWV.  I used Jolly Holidays for the little elf.  He is cut at 2 1/2."  I pieced him all together and added green flocking to his overalls and hat.  I also used diamond Stickles on his hat trim and gave him a Peachy Keen face.  The face didn't have a nose, so I gave him one by using one of the eyebrows.  The presents in his wagon are also from Jolly Holidays and cut at 1."  The presents are glued onto the box and the elf was adhered with pop-dots.  I used two stamps from My Craft Spot for the sentiments on the box.

The matching card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the base.  I trimmed some metallic red cardstock at 5 1/4"x4" and then more green striped cardstock at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  The metallic red cardstock is from the Gilded Orchard Stack by DCWV.  I cut a strip of metallic red cardstock at 4"x2 1/2" and ran it through the Cuttlebug with one of the embossing folders from the Christmas Set.  I used Jolly Holidays for my elf.  He is cut at 3."  I used green flocking on his overalls and hat and diamond Stickles on his hat trim again.  I also added glossy accents to his shoes and buttons.  I used x-mas red and green Stickles on the lights.  He also has a Peachy Keen face and is adhered to the card with pop-dots.  I used another stamp from My Craft Spot for the sentiment and matted it with some more metallic red cardstock.  I finished off the front of the card with red gems, three on each side.
For the inside of the card I cut some metallic red cardstock at 5"x3 3/4" and some white cardstock at 4 3/4"x3 1/2" and adhered them in the card.  I then cut a strip of metallic red cardstock at 4"x1 1/4" to mat the green striped cardstock, which is cut at 4"x1."  I adhered it near the bottom of the inside of the card, just above where you would sign.  I then used a My Craft Spot stamp for the senitment.
 
I made these for the following challenges:
 


6 comments:

  1. this is soooo cute


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally CUTE these are!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Thanks for playing with us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so festive and fun! I LOVE the embossed metallic red. It's so sharp! And those little elves are adorable!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete