Sunday, February 10, 2013

Country Stars

Here is a pretty non-traditional Christmas card and I felt like it ended up having a bit of country feel to it, especially with the colors.
 
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  The card base is white cardstock.  The brown mat is 5 1/4"x4" and the white mat is 5"x3 3/4."  The hanging stars were cut with my Silhouette.  I adhered them to the white mat and trimmed off the tops of the "string" once I had them in place.  The scalloped scallop border is from Elegant Edges.  I cut it longer than the white mat and trimmed it after I got it centered.  The white layer was put through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.
 
The sentiment is from my stash.  I stamped it in jumbo java ink by Tsukineko.  I colored in the little stars with a dark yellow marker to match the yellow cardstock I used.  I matted the sentiment twice, once on yellow and once on brown cardstocks.  The mats are 1/8" larger than the previous layer and I trimmed the white cardstock to fit the sentiment.
 
 
I made this card for the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Great holiday card. Loving that stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the country style! This is wonderful--those stars hanging down are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely CAS Christmas card - you've made perfect use of our colours this week at 52CCT - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely Christmas card Paula, great job with the colours! The hanging stars and charming sentiment do add a warm country feel!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun card. Great use of the scallops. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Unscripted Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab so CAS, love your design and it fits our colour combo so well. Thanks fr playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely has a country feel to it and I LOVE it. It really seems so comforting to me for some reason. You did a fabulous job with this tough non-traditional combo. I just might have to CASE you on this one :o) Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete