Friday, March 08, 2013

Picture Frame

I made this for my cousin, she and her husband just recently had a daughter.  I have been wanting to make something for a while, and finally came up with something. 
 
I got a 10"x24" picture frame and took out the glass.  I covered the back with scrapbook paper and adhered three pieces of cork, cut at 4 1/2"x6 1/2."  I put some 4"x6" pieces of scapbook paper on the cork.  They can use that as picture matting with a 3 1/2"x5" picture or cover it up competely with a 4"x6" picture.  I glued buttons on to some tacks so they can add pictures of their daughter and replace them easily.
I added some flowers to the bottoms of the cork pieces, as well as the top corners of the frame.  The flowers are pre-made and I got them in the scrapbook section of JoAnns.  I painted some wooden letters with white acrylic paint.  I then adhered them to the frame with some foam adhesive.  I hung the frame with some tulle, tied in a bow.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment