Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Summer Celebrations - Creation #4

Time for a birthday card using the "Summer Celebrations" cartridge, and here it is:

I used "Wild Card" to create my card base from a dark purple cardstock.  It was cut at 5 1/2."  I cut a 4 1/2" circle from some polka dotted cardstock.  I cut a strip of the dark purple cardstock at 5"x1 3/4" and used a scallop border punch by Fiskars on the edge of it.  I cut another strip, this time from some plaid cardstock, at 5"x1 1/2."  I adhered them to the circle, then trimmed it around its edge.  The patterned cardstocks are from the Countdown Stack by DCWV.

The ice cream sundae is the image I used from "Summer Celebrations."  It was cut at 3."  I covered the sundae's sauce with some dark blue glitter and then covered that with glossy accents.  I also covered the cherry in glossy accents.  I adhered it to the card with foam tape.  The scallop circle was cut with a Fiskars punch and the white circle is a metal die from My Craft Spot.  I used part of a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "Dancing in Circles" set for my sentiment.  I stamped it with bahama blue ink by Tsukienko, then adhered it all behind the sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment