Thursday, February 27, 2014

Paint Splatter

Today's card set is super quick and simple to make.  I made all six of these in about 45 minutes, and that included the time spent trying to pick out the right shade of paper to match the ink.




All the cards are 4 1/2"x4 1/2."  I used white card stock for the bases, then cut coordinating shades of blue and green for the mats.  They were cut at 4 3/8"x4 3/8."  I then cut another white layer at 4 1/4"x4 1/4."  I used the "Indie Art" cartridge to create my paint splatter.  It is the image with the skull (circled in red on the image), but if you used the blackout feature you get just the splatter.
I cut it at 2 3/4" and used it as a stencil.  I layered it on my cards and then inked up the negative space created my the cut image.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks for all six cards.  The colors were: mowed lawn, peeled paint, crushed olive, faded jeans, peacock feathers, and tumbled glass.  I then stamped my sentiment, which is from Paper Smooches, over the top of the paint splatter.






I made these cards for the following challenges: 

BBTB2: use the Cricut cut as a stencil
Fantabulous Cricut: favorite colors (greens and blues)
CASology: cue word - paint

7 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful set of cards. I love how you made your paint splotch. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these cards are so cool!!! I love them and all the different colors!! Definitely going to have to lift this idea. Love them!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so super creative, thanks for sharing your process! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful cards!! I so love the 'splat'!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Stencil' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun set of cards love the splat in all the different colors! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these !!!!! I mean I really , really love these !!! What a wonderful way to use a cricut cut as a stencil , they are perfect !! hank you for sharing with us at BBTB2 !!

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. Love that you made a stencil. These look brilliant. Jenny

    ReplyDelete