Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Boy Onesie

I made this baby boy card today and managed to fulfill four challenges on it. Today's 365 Cards challenges you to use four elements: buttons, flowers, circles and the color green in threes. For my card the three buttons are the two real ones and the stamped one on the onesie; the flowers are along the diagonal of the first pocket; the circles are two of the buttons and the circle that the onesie is on; and the color green is the button, the stamped button and the frog. Critter Sketch's challenge this week is to create a card or scrapbook layout for a boy and use some glitter on it. My card is for baby boy and there is glitter on the flowers and around the circle. I made this a baby card to work for Made by Momo's challenge, which is: "babies, diapers, & onesies, oh my!!" Finally I made a diagonal double pocket card to fulfill the challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches. They posted a tutorial that I looked over and then made my card. Check out that tutorial here if you want to learn how to make this card yourself, it is really easy! I used New Arrival to cut out the onesie, giraffe, elephant and frog. I also used it to cut the circles, it is one of the foundations on this cartridge. The buttons and flower stickers are from my stash. I used Fiskars stamps for the button and the sentiments on the tags. I cut the tags from Ashlyn's Alphabet, one is cut at 2 1/2" and the other is cut at 2." I use some ribbon from my stash to finish it all off. All the paper is K&Company, their Small Wonders stack.

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love it! The colors are adorable. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I love the glitter on the flower! Thanks for playing along with the CSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! I love how you were able to get in on 4 challenges! How awesome is that! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the mini critters :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is AMAZING!!! Lovin the pockets! Thanks for joining us in Momo's challenge!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful pocket card. This double diagonal pocket card is my favorite to do. Thanks for playing the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with the Crafter Critters this week!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute. I love those pocket cards! Great colors, cute elements!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card is nice I really love the little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete