Sunday, August 22, 2010

Button Dragonfly

This is a cute little card for a few challenges. I used Just Us Girls for the colors, which are: hot pink, teal and lime green. The layout is sketch #78 by Card Patterns. The theme of the card is "miss you," the challenge this week at My Sheri Crafts. I also used the card recipe from Pile It On this week. The recipe is: 3 patterned papers, 2 stamped images, 7 buttons, ribbon and something clear.

The base of this card is cut using pink polka dotted paper from the Black Currant stack by DCWV. The other two pieces of patterned paper are ones I found in my stash. I used a Martha Stewart punch around another piece of the pink paper. I then layered on a tela piece of cardstock. I stamped the teal cardstock with the Swirl with Flowers stamp by Hero Arts. I used Tsukineko Versa Magic ink in Sea Breeze to make the image blend with the cardstock. I didn't want it to stand out too much and overwhelm the focal point, my dragonfly. The "miss you" sentiment is a stamp from my stash. I stamped it with ColorBox cat's eye ink in the color Rouge. I made the dragonfly from seven different sized buttons. I used a piece of acrylic and cut the wings out. I then used a blue Sharpie marker to draw on the wings and make them look a litte better. The ribbon is from my stash.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. What an interesting idea with this button dragonfly. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cool...love how you used the buttons for the body...great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I love the acrylic on the wings! Thanks for posting to myshericrafts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the button butterfly! So darn cute :) Great take on Lisa's colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I love those transparent wings and the pretty pink border. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is very pretty! Such a clever use of the 7 buttons! Love it! The wings are such a nice touch, too! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you love challenges you will love this blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete