Monday, September 06, 2010

Peach Flowers

I really liked the color challenge at Picture Perfect Creations this week. I thought I would make it into a sympathy card, but when I was finished with it I just didn't think it felt like one. To me it felt more like a get well card, so that is what I made it into. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday to do the layout of the card.

The card is a 5"x7" card. The blue piece is 4 7/8"x3," and the yellow pieces are all 4" long, and 1," 1 1/4" and 2" wide. I embossed the blue piece with the Floral Fantasy folder and the yellow pieces with the With Love border folders. I used George to cut my circles, the peach one at 3 3/4" and the white one at 3 1/2." The flower and leaves are all cut with the peach paper using a Sizzix die called: Flower, Build a Lilac. I just made it look more like a hydrangea than a lilac. I inked the leaf and most of the flowers. I added a little bling to the centers of some of the flowers, I didn't want to do every flower though, I thought it would overpower the image. I used Tags, Bags, Boxes & More for the tag. I cut the peach using the shadow feature and the white I just cut normally. The tag is cut at 2." I used a white ribbon across the card and through the tag. I added a piece of bling and stamped the sentiment on the tag. I also added a flower to the inside of the card, with its own piece of bling to carry the image onto the inside of the card.

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love all those lilacs! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! At first I was afraid you cut all those flowers by hand!! Phew! It's the perfect get well card! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice layered card! I love all the embossing and the flowers :-) Thanks for playing along with PPC this week!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job with the colour combo this week.

    Trish - PPC Creator

    ReplyDelete