Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Think BIG

The challenge today at 365 Cards is "All Creatures Great and Small." The challenge is to use one small creature and one large creature on your card. I also just found a challenge that the Cricut Couple is hosting, which is to make a project with a cat theme. I figured I could combine the two and this is what I came up with, a little cat looking in the mirror and seeing a tiger.

The card is 5"x7." I used some paw print paper that I found in my stash for the matting. It is cut 1/4" smaller than the card base. The ovals were cut from George, the brown one at 5" with a 4 1/2" smaller one inside, to create a frame and the white one was cut at 5" as well. The tiger is from Animal Kingdom and cut at 4." The cat is also from Animal Kingdom and cut at 2 1/2." I used a marker to add some shading and added Stickles for the eyes and glossy accents on the nose. The word "dream" was cut from Jasmine at 1" and the word "BIG" was cut from Cricut Keystone at 1 1/4." I used my Gypsy to strech the letters to make them wider. The ribbon is from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Paula Bee! Thanks so much for linking your adorable card with our little kitty cat challenge! I love your blog and your cards are gorgeous! We are just thrilled to see your work and look forward to seeing more.

    Most Sincerely,
    Bobby & Jill
    http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete