Saturday, March 26, 2011

Card Creations & More Challenge #6



It is Saturday and that means it is time for another So Saturday Challenge over at Card Creations & More!! This week's challenge is to use a patterned ribbon somewhere on your project.

I made an Easter card for this week's challenge. My mother asked me to create a card for her to give to her aunt for Easter. I asked her what she liked and she gave me some ideas, and I created this. The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4." I cut some dark purple cardstock at 5 1/4"x4," and some yellow cardstock 1/8" smaller than that. I embossed the yellow cardstock with the Victoria embossing folder. I then tied the purple gingham ribbon around it and adhered it to the card base. The cross is cut from Easter at 4." I used a white cardstock for the bottom layer and a shimmery white cardstock for the top layer. I adhered the cross with pop-dots, then added some white pearls in the top corners.

The inside of the card was also created with the Easter cartridge. I cut some dark purple cardsock at 5 1/4"x4" and the yellow cardstock is cut 1/8" smaller. The flowers, in a light and dark purple, were cut from it at 2." I also cut the "Happy Easter" at 2." The shadow layer in dark purple and the regular layer in yellow. I then added some yellow Stickles to the sentiment.



Now that you have seen my creation for this week's challenge head on over to Card Creations & More and submit your project for the challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Paula! This cross is absolutely beautiful and it looks great on the embossed background! I guess I'll have to get that cart just for the cross. Very elegant! Sorry not to have visited here in a few days but I have been crazy busy. I'll try to drop by more often.

    Hugs,
    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete