Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I'm getting a head start on my Christmas cards. I made this one using the sketch from Peachy Keen. Their challenge was to follow the sketch and use some twine or embroidery floss on the card.
This is a 4"x9" card, made using white cardstock. I trimmed some blue polka dotted paper 1/4" smaller. I stitched it with some white embroidery floss. I adhered it to the card base and added another piece of snowflake patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment on the card, then drew over it with a shimmery blue gel pen. The snowflake is stamped on a white 2" circle that I cut form George and Basic Shapes. The scalloped lacy circle is a Spellbinder Nestabilites die, cut from some shimmery blue cardstock. I used pop-dots to adhere the circle and added some dark blue Stickles to parts of the snowflake.

8 comments:

  1. So sweet and elegant

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love that snowflake! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully co-ordinated and put together card Paula! LOVE IT. Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The paper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Paula! It's so elegantly done, and you did a great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete