Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas Tree

This is a simple, small card, only 3 1/2"x5." I used white cardstock for the base, trimmed some shimmery green cardstock 1/8" smaller and some red houndstooth cardstock 1/8" smaller than the green. The tree is cut from Christmas Cheer at 5" (it actually comes out to about 4"). I used my Gypsy to cut it so that I could hide the interior cuts on it. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug and the Allegro embossing folder. I adhered it to the card and used some holly Stickles on the edges of the tree. I added some red gems as well. The sentiment is stamped on white cardstock, using pearlescent ivy ink by Tsukineko. I cut the sentiment into a strip, then adhered it to the card, using pop-dots in the middle to give it some lift. Super simple, but I think it turned out quite pretty.

I made this for the following challenges:


  • 365 Cards: "Day 283" - be inspired by your favorite store (mine is JoAnns, and not just because I work there...I used the color of their shirts/aprons, dark green and white, and I think most of the supplies I used on this card came from JoAnns)

  • Cooking with Cricut: "Sounds of the Season" - Christmas music as inspiration

  • Papercraft Star: Christmas tree

  • Whimsical Designs: Christmas/winter theme with some sparkle

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I love the houndstooth background paper and the way you embossed the tree. The gems really make it sparkle. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bling you added to the card finishes it off beautifully ! We are always so happy to have you play with us at Papercraft Star, Paula - Merry Merry !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME job with your card,I LOVE it!,Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! good luck in 365cards' challenge! :-) Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty for such a "simple" card!! Thanks for linking up with Cooking With Cricut

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love your embossing choice! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! I really like the embossing on the tree and the hounds tooth paper, very nice. Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Paula :-) I like the texture on the tree. Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card paula i like the embossed tree :) thanks for sharing with us at WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I think this is lovely! Simple, yet elegant. Great embossing on the tree. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice embossing on that tree :) Thanks for joining us this week on Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the paper and the embossing on the tree is just the perfect embellishment. Thanks for sharing at Cooking with Cricut.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and simple, Paula! Love the embossed tree. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete