Monday, March 05, 2012

It's Your Bird-Day!

Here is a cute little spring birthday card I made today. It is 4 1/2"x6 1/4." I used a polka-dotted cardstock for the card base. I trimmed some pink plaid cardstock at 3"x5 1/4" and gave it a yellow mat that is 1/8" larger. I adhered it all down and added some white ribbon with some yellow pearls. The bird is cut from Create a Critter at 3." I flocked its stomach for some texture. The nest is also from Create a Critter, cut at 1." I embossed it with the Forest Branches folder. The branch is cut from Hoot 'n' Holler. I used my Gypsy to size it to how I wanted. I turned off the aspect ratio and cut it at 4" long by just over 2" tall. I think it came to 2.02," but I am not 100% sure. I inked all my pieces, the bird was inked with tea dye Distress Ink and the nest and branches were inked with vintage photo Distress Ink. I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the face and the sentiment is a stamp from My Pink Stamper. Both of those were stamped with walnut stain Distress Ink. I used pop-dots to adhere the bird for some dimension.
I made this card for the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Love the the pastels you picked out for this card. Thanks for sharing your card at Peachy Keen's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little chick ..cute colors to ..thanks for shring at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card- love the fun little bird! Thanks for playing at Birthday Sundaes this week!
    :)Amy
    Amy's Crafting Space
    Birthday Sundaes Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness I have a thing for birds. I LOVE how you inked it that really made everything pop. Such a great card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps.

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love that little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, your card is absolutely adorable!! I just love your little birdie.. Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your card! He is so super cute in that little nest!
    Super cute! Love the colors.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little chick! I love the peachy face and the soft paper combination. Thanks for entering your card in this week's challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete