The scalloped circles were cut at 4" and the inner circles are cut at 3 1/2," both are from Cricut Essentials (pre-loaded on the E2). The letters are cut at 3" from the Songbird cartridge. I used both the shadow and regular feature. I used foam adhesive to attach the letters to the scalloped circles. The sun and clouds are cut from Pooh and Friends, the rainbow is cut from Hello Kitty Greetings, The rain is from Indie Art, and the umbrella is from the Wedding cartridge. I added some Glimmer Mist to the sun, I embossed the cloud on the rainbow with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder, I flocked the clouds and added glossy accents to the rain for some added dimension. I finished off the banner with some pale yellow pearls and tied a bow around a loop of ribbon and attached it to the back of the banner to hang it on the wall.
I made this for the following challenges:
- Cupcake Inspirations: cupcake photo inspiration
- Celebrate the Occasion: "welcome spring"
- Cooking with Cricut: spring song inspiration (I kept thinking of "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" and that song from "Bambi" where one of the lines is "drip, drip, drop little April showers...")
- My Craft Spot: spring theme and use scallops
- Whimsical Designs: celebrate spring