Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christmas Holly

I have another Christmas card to add to my pile for this year.
 
This one is 5"x5."  I used some teal patterned cardstock from the Peppermint Forest Stack by DCWV for the card base.  In fact, all the patterned cardstock is from that stack.  My next layer is some white cardstock that is 4 3/4"x4 3/4."  I then cut some striped cardstock at 4 5/8"x4 5/8."  I cut some more of the teal cardstock 4 1/4"x4 1/4."  The polka dotted cardstock is cut at 4 1/8"x4 1/8."  I cut more teal cardstock at 3 3/8"x3 3/8."  My final layer is white cardstock cut at 3 1/4"x3 1/4."  I used two different stamps for my sentiment.  I stamped them both in pearlescent  poppy ink by Tsukineko.  I don't know who the stamps are from though.  I added three light green gems under the word "merry."  I used Teresa Collins - December 25th for the holly cut.  I cut it at 3" and used Cricut Craft Room to hide the cuts in the center of the holly and berries.  I used another patterned cardstock for the holly and some gilded red cardstock for the berries.  I used pop-dots to adhere the holly to the card for some added dimension.
I made this for the following challenges:
 


7 comments:

  1. Paula, this is adorable!!!! I love the papers you chose to create this card! Gives me inspiration to use that cart I just received. Love Teresa Collins designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful holly and papers - it all works so well together to create a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations here...Thank u for leaving such nice words at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Paula! LOVE the amazing patterns and your holly is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Paula! I am LOVING all that patterned paper, it is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime, hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card! Great colors! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    Janea
    Recollection Alley

    ReplyDelete