Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jungle Love

This layout is going to be part of an 8"x8" scrapbook that I am putting together to go with my friends' wedding album.  After the wedding and all of the beach pictures the photographer took some pictures of the bride and groom in the jungle.  I wanted to incorporate those pictures, but they didn't work in the wedding album I made, so I am making an 8"x8" album to go along with it.  I think it should work well since there aren't many of the jungle pictures.  This will be the first page in that album.
It is 8"x8" (obviously) and I used some patterned cardstock from the Anthology stack by Colorbok.  I matted the photo, which is 4"x6," with some tan cardstock also from the Anthology stack.  It is cut at 4 1/4"x6 1/4."  I used Art Nouveau for the word "Jungle."  I welded it using Cricut Craft Room and cut it at 1 1/4" from some glitter cardstock.  I used Country Life for the "love" banner.  It is cut at 1 1/2."  I glued it to some twine and wrapped the twine around the page.  I used Life is a Beach for my leaves.  The palm leaves are cut at 2 1/2" and 2" and I flipped the 2 1/2" leaf.  I cut the tall vine leaf at 6" and also flipped it.  I adhered the small palm leaf and the word "Jungle" to the page with foam adhesive.

I used the sketch from Stuck On U Sketches to create this layout.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Paula!!! I love the title, background, and the leaves are perfect!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and very unique!
    Love the background versus the bold greens! Awesome! =)
    Hope you have a great weekend as well!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So late getting round to see your page Paula, but better late than never...lol! Loving this 8x8 page with the great background paper and the stunning Cricut leaves, and what a unique photograph for the album. Thanks for joining us at SOUS again Paula!

    ReplyDelete