Sunday, October 13, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Santa

On today's "Silhouette Sunday," I made my first Christmas card with the Silhouette Cameo.

The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used white card stock for the base, then cut some holly printed paper at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  The holly paper is a piece of open stock paper that I picked up at JoAnn's a while back and I don't know who makes it.  I then used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the label.  The cut file is called "4 Halloween labels" and is by Lori Whitlock (#33847).  I used just one label, the one that is purple when you see it in the Silhouette Store.  I sized it to fit my Santa face, which means it is 5.260"x3.850," when all assembled.  The piece of green polka dot card stock is from some DCWV Christmas stack, I just don't know which one anymore.


The Santa face is also cut by my Silhouette.  It's cut file is "Santa treat topper" and is also by Lori Whitlock (#35075).  It is actually meant to be cut and the back part folded over a treat bag, I just didn't fold it and placed it on a card instead.  When he is all assembled, he is 3.67"x3.53."  I ran the beard and mustache through the Cuttlebug with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder and the white hat band with the Snowflakes embossing folder.  I adhered the mustache and the ball of the hat with pop-dots and I used black pearls for his eyes.  The holly berries have a little white gel pen accent and are covered in glossy accents.  I finished off the front of the card with two dark red gems on either side of the label.


I also finished the inside of the card, this is also where I put my sentiment.  The green card stock is cut at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  I used the same label cut, in the same size, as I did on the front.  This time the shadow part is in red and the smaller inside is in white.  I then used a stamp from Fiskars for my sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Paula! Will be checking out those files today.

    ReplyDelete