Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ferns & Woodgrain

My husband requested that I make a card for him to bring to give to one of his co-workers, signed by everyone in his office.  His co-worker is having a difficult time currently as his mother is very ill, with a couple of different types of cancer.  This is what I came up with, using the sentiments that my husband chose (the photos don't really do it justice though):



The card is 5 1/4"x4 1/4."  I used a shimmery brown card stock for the base.  I then stamped a wood grain background stamp on another piece of the shimmery brown.  I stamped it with embossing ink and heat embossed it with some gold embossing powder.  I trimmed this piece to 3 7/8"x4 7/8" and adhered it to the card base with foam tape.




The fern fronds are from the Silhouette store.  They are by Jennifer Wambach (#20213).  I cut the two paler green ones at 3" and 2 1/2" (approximately) and the darker green one at 2" (approximately).  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps and is stamped in cocoa brown ink by Tsuikneko.  I then trimmed the card stock into a banner and inked its edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I added a couple of gold brads to the sides and adhered it to the card, over the base of the ferns, using foam tape.



I also finished the inside so that my husband and his co-workers would be able to all sign the card.  I cut two pieces of the shimmery brown card stock at 5 1/8"x4 1/8."  I then cut two pieces of kraft card stock at 4 7/8"x3 7/8."  I inked the edges of the kraft mats with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The sentiment is a wooden stamp I had in my stash and is stamped with more of the cocoa brown ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment