Monday, April 14, 2014

Recipe Album

Today's project is a little recipe album.



The album is made of chipboard cut into 4"x6" pieces.  I then covered each piece, both front and back, with patterned card stock from the Honey Chic Stack by DCWV.  I punched holes in the top of pages and attached them all together with rings.


The word "recipes" is stamped on banners and "hung" on some twine.  The banners are die cuts from My Craft Spot, they are the "Tiny Tags Metal Dies" set.  The letters are from the "Chunky Alphabet" set, also from My Craft Spot.  The twine is pink sorbet from The Twinery.  I adhered the banners with foam tape and tied two bows from the twine to put at the corners.  The gems are from DCWV and are little heart shapes.


The tabbed index cards are from the "From My Kitchen" Cricut cartridge.  They were cut at 1."  The little black images, as well as the white ones on the bottom, are also from the same cartridge.  Both are using the tabs feature, the small icons are the shift function of the tab feature.  The black icons were cut about 1/4" tall (maybe slightly smaller) and the white ones at the bottom were cut at about 1/2" tall.  I don't remember their exact sizes, I used Cricut Craft Room to size them appropriately to the album.

I made this for the current challenge at My Craft Spot, which is to use tags and/or banners.

5 comments:

  1. How clever! Great idea for all those special receives, I love this! Thanks so much for playing along with our "Tags and Banners" Challenge this week at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a marvelous project! What a lovely idea and so sweetly executed! The banner of tiny tags is just beautiful and I love those pink heart rhinestones. :o) Thank you for sharing your work with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - how CUTE is this?!?!? Great use of those banner dies! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I've been wanting to make a recipe book and you've totally inspired me. :) The banner title turned out amazing! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot! :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete