Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wedding Card

My step sister is getting married this weekend.  Well, actually she already got married in October, but it was in India.  Her husband is from India, so they had the wedding there.  This weekend is for those people who couldn't or didn't want to go to India.  I couldn't go due to school and work, but I will be able to make it to her wedding this weekend.  So, this is the card I made for her:



It was super quick and easy to make.  The card base is 5"x5" and made from white card stock.  The purple mat is 4 5/8'x4 5/8" and the white mat is 4 1/2"x4 1/2."  I used a stencil to create my image.  I used perfect plumeria ink by Tsukineko and a makeup sponge to stencil my image on the white mat.  It is actually only part of the whole image, I liked the off-center look.  The sentiment is stamped with a wood stamp I found in my stash.


For the inside I cut a piece of the purple card stock at 4 3/4"x4 3/4" and then a piece of white card stock at 4 1/2"x4 1/2."  I used another wood stamp from my stash for the sentiment on the interior as well.  Both sentiments are stamped in just plain black ink.

2 comments: