Thursday, October 09, 2014

More Halloween Houses

The haunted house that I brought to work has been a HUGE hit!  Everyone loves it.  Customers have been asking where they can get the kit to make it for themselves.  Well, two of my coworkers have asked if I would be willing to make them each a house.  I told them that if they got all the supplies, then I would make them each one on one of my days off.  So, they got all the paper and stuff I needed and I spent all day in my craft room yesterday making two more houses.



Again, both these houses are the "Bewitched Cabin" from the Haunted Forest cut file from SVG Cuts.  One is actually flipped from the other because when I assembled the base the house sits on, I accidentally put it together upside down, so I had to flip one of the houses.  It still worked out quite well though.  All the patterned card stock is from DCWV's "Eek-a-Boo" stack.  The felt bats on the second house are also from DCWV, they are actually a garland that I cut apart.





I did a lot of embossing and inking.  The window frames are embossed with the Forest Branches folder and the arches are embossed with the Distress Stripes folder.  The panels at the bottom of the house are embossed with the Sweet as Honey embossing folder (this one is 5 1/2"x12.")  All of those embossing folders are by Cuttlebug.  The chimney was embossed with the Bricked folder by Sizzix.  I inked all the embossed pieces and the base with white chalk ink.  All the patterned pieces were inked with black soot Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.





I am entering these in the following challenges:
Cardz TV: candy wrapper or holder for Halloween treats (the roof comes off and you can fill it with candy, as my husband is doing with his house)
My Craft Spot: "Trick or Treat"


9 comments:

  1. WOW!! AMAZING!! Super COOL!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!

    Thank you for joining the Cardztv 3D DT!
    Cathy Cardztv 3D DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW This is awesome !!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! It looks like it would take all day to make 2, but worth the effort! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are so artistic! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. I think I like the build better than Tim Holtz cottage and manor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi x is this the house from SVG cuts ? I made one x aren’t they amazing?

    ReplyDelete