Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Joy

Today I am sharing with you the card I decided to make for sending out to my family and friends.  I went with two variations of the same design.  The only thing I changed up were the colors of the backgrounds, but otherwise I used the same images and sentiments.



The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4" and made from white card stock.  I used a polka dot patterned card stock for the background, it is cut at 4 1/4"x6."  The patterned card stock is actually double sided, so one side is the red and the other side is the green.  I loved both sides, which is why I made two variations of this card.

The image of the reindeer is from the Silhouette Store.  It is called Reindeer with Christmas Wreath and is by PPbN Designs (#52530).  I used the print and cut feature to make this simpler to create since I made 60 of these cards.  It would have taken so much longer to piece everything together, so the print and cut feature is fantastic for something like this!  The reindeer is just shy of 5" tall.



I used "Elegant Edges" to create the shaped label on which the reindeer is placed.  It is found on page 51 of the handbook and cut at 5," using the oblong and shadow-shift features.  I used a stamp from My Craft Spot for the sentiment, it is from the Merry & Bright set, and stamped all the labels before I embossed them.  They were embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Snowflakes.



I used the same patterned card stock for the inside as well.  They are cut at 4"x5 3/4."  I used the same label as the front, just the basic feature so that it cut square.  This time it is cut at 3."  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot again, this time the Christmas Chalkboard set.  I finished off both the front and inside with some Stickles, 

I am entering this into the current challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.  The challenge is a family appropriate Christmas card or project.  I figure what is more family appropriate than the card I am sending out to all my family?



2 comments:

  1. These are adorable, Paula! Love your paper choices and that embossing folder is wonderful for anything wintery. :-D I'm delighted to see you playing along in our "Family Christmas" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope you'll play again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet project, Paula! Lovely colours and details. Thanks for playing along in the “Family Christmas” challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete