Sunday, April 19, 2015

I Kid Of Course

Today I decided to make a card just for fun.  I have so many wonderful sentiment stamps, but have not used nearly enough of them.  I wanted to make a card to fit a particular sentiment stamp.  So, I picked this fun sentiment from the Little Critters stamp set by Scrappy Moms Stamps, and made a card using that sentiment as my inspiration.




The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used dark brown card stock to create my card base.  The green houndstooth mat is 5 1/4"x4."  The paper came from the Murphy's Square mat stack by The Paper Studio.  The label in the background was created with Spellbinders Labels Ten Nestabilities dies.  I embossed the green label with the Herringbone embossing folder by The Paper Studio.  I added some beige enamel dots to the label to accent the colors of my card.


The little goat is from "Nate's ABCs."  He is cut at 3" tall.  I added some brown flocking to his spots and used cinnamon Stickles to cover his hooves, eye, and nose.


The speech bubble is from "When I Was a Kid."  I flipped it to face the opposite direction and also resized it to fit the stamp.  I used rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko to stamp the sentiment into the speech bubble.  Both the goat and speech bubble were adhered with foam tape for some more dimension.

2 comments: