Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Corgi

One of the things I love most about my home is my two little Corgis.  They are cute, full of energy, a wonderful source of amusement, and just so full of love.  I got an set of SVGs of Corgis a while back, but have not yet used them.  Well, today I finally made a card using one of those cut files.  I figure this card will more than likely go to my husband.


The card base is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of a dark green card stock.  The green polka dot card stock is 5 1/4"x4."


The background mat is cut from the "Cricut Font and Basic Shapes" cartridge.  This one is free on the Cricut Explore.  I cut it at 4 3/4" and embossed the white layer with the Darice Embossing Folder called "Paw Print Background."



The corgi is a cut file, as mentioned earlier, from SVG Cutting Files.  It is called Corgi Pup Dogs, and it includes four different dogs.  I used the sitting Corgi and cut it at 3 1/2."  I inked around the edges of the brown fur with tea dye Distress Ink.  I added some detail with a white gel pen, then covered the eyes and nose with glossy accents.  The nose is adhered with foam tape and the dog is also adhered to the background with foam tape.


The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  It is from their Raining Cats & Dogs set.  I then finished off the card with some enamel hearts.

I made this for the following challenges:
Stuck On U Sketches: home sweet home (it might be stretching it, but part of what makes my house a home are my dogs)

4 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining our Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand you: for me home is where my cat is! Very nice card! Eli from SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Love the background frame, such a cute shape! Thanks for joining us over at Scrappy Moms! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable puppy card! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete