Saturday, November 05, 2016

Monster Bash

I created a cute little monster-themed birthday card!



The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of white card stock.  I used the Card Mat Dies to cut the orange polka dot card stock, then I used the Border Dies 2 to cut the mat to make it look like a balloon.  Both dies are from Jaded Blossom.  I then used a light blue baker's twine for the string of the balloon.


The adorable little monster is from Lettering Delights.  He is part of the Mini Monster cut set.  I used the Dot Fade stencil by Tim Holtz to give my little monster some texture to his body.  I used old paper Distress Ink for the coloring.  I used a Peachy Keen face stamp for his face instead of the cut pieces.  It is part of the Quick and Simple Emojis Face Assortment.  I added him to the card, then curled his fingers around the twine to make him look like he is holding the balloon.


The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  It is part of the Happy Birthday stamp set.

I made this for the following challenges:
Color Throwdown: color combo
Addicted to CAS: monster

3 comments:

  1. Too fun! Love the details you added to the little monster. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so very cute! It caught my eye right away. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh - too cute! Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete