Sunday, August 14, 2011

Robot

Another long stretch between posts! I just can't believe how busy I am. I feel like a slacker because I used to post just about every day. Of course, that was when I only worked part time and did little else besides craft. Now I am full-time at my job, I go to the gym for an hour a day three days a week, I have my Tae Kwon Do class two nights a week. Now, I start school next week, so I will be even busier. I will post as much as I can, but I can't promise much. I will have at least my design team stuff for Card Creations & More, so look for those. I did manage to put together this cute little birthday card today.
It is a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card, and the card base was a pre-made card from DCWV. I cut four 3/4" strips of the diamond plate cardstock, which is from the Guy Stack by DCWV. I then cut them at different lengths. I attached a square brad through the end of each piece and adhered them to the card base. I then cut my little robot from Boys Will Be Boys at 2 1/2." I used some gems for his eyes and a gel pen to draw in the little lines on his display. I stamped my sentiment using lightning black ink by Tsukineko and adhered it to the card base. I used pop-dots to adhere my robot. It is just that simple!

I made this for the following challenges:


6 comments:

  1. Really love the silver brads on this and the strips of paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is what i like to see a wonderful bluerobot great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I like the embossed strips and how you angled the square brads. I hope you are able to fit more crafty time in your schedule. Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this robot is SOOOO stinkin cool!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too CUTE!!! good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete