Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Day at the Beach

I am almost done with the wedding album for my friends! I can't believe it...only three more double layouts left! :) Here is the latest one I created:
The background cardstock on this one is from The Formal Affair Stack by DCWV. I used Elegant Edges to cut the two mats. The turquoise one is 10 1/2" on the shadow feature and the floral one is 10 1/2" on the regular feature. The floral cardstock is from the Tahiti Beach Stack by DCWV. I ran some glossy accents around the edge of the floral mat and covered it with turquoise glitter. The two largest photos are 4"x6" and matted three times with each layer 1/8" larger than the previous. The smaller photos on the left page are 3"x4" and matted one with a shimmery turquoise cardstock. The smaller photos on the right page are 2 3/4"x4" and the middle one is 3"x4" and are all matted once with glittery turquoise cardstock. I used some leftover hibiscus from Tie the Knot and covered them with lagoon Stickles. The shells are from Life is a Beach, the one on the left page is the border feature. I added glossy accents to the darker outline of the shells. Both hearts are from George and Basic Shapes. I covered the shadow layer in cinnabar glitter by Martha Stewart. I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms, stamped in pearlescent rust ink by Tsukineko, on one of the hearts. The title was created from five different cartridges for a fun and whimsical feel. I used Opposites Attract for the "a," Lyrical Letters for "day," Songbird for "at," Printing 101 for "the," and Life is a Beach for "beach." I used Cricut Craft Room to put it all together so that I could get the sizing right. I used pop-dots to adhere all the shells, except the border ones, and the word beach. I also covered the word beach in black diamond Stickles and the rest of the title in glossy accents.

2 comments: