Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Perfect Senitments: "Vintage Christmas"

It is time for another challenge at The Perfect Sentiment!
The challenge: create a card with a Christmas sentiment
The twist: use something vintange on your card
 
Now, bear with me as my style is clearly not vintage.  In face, I think this card may actually be the first time I have ever made a vintage project. 
The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4."  I used white cardstock for the card base.  I then cut some polka dotted cardstock at 4 1/4"x6."  The dark red layer is 3 3/4"x5 1/8."  The notebook cardstock is 3 5/8"x5."  The dark red banner is 1 5/8"x3 3/8."  The patterned banner is 1 1/2"x3 1/4."  All the patterned cardstock is from the All is Bright stack by My Mind's Eye.  I put a white pearl brad through the top of the banner.  I used a stamp from my stash for the sentiment.  It is stamped in rhubarb stalk ink by Tsukineko.  It is pretty simple, but I think it works. 
Now, come on over to The Perfect Sentiment and join us in our "Vintage Christmas" challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create!

5 comments:

  1. Like the Vintage Christmas card. Especially like the dark red layering, banner & the pearl. The color of the ink goes well with the dark red layering. Enjoyed my time as Sept Guest Designer for Perfect Sentiments.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Sept Guest Designer Perfect Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love the vintage card! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula I love this ledger paper and that darling vintage image. Such a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely image and such a cute design. Love the ledger paper and putting the date on there.

    ReplyDelete