Friday, November 29, 2013

Countdown to Baby - No Wake Zone

I am not the one having the baby, but it will probably be as close as I come.  My best friend and her husband (who is actually a friend of mine - I introduced them) are expecting their first baby.  They have already found out that it will be a boy and I get the privilege of creating a lot of the art and decor for the baby's room, plus some onesies and shirts.  :)  I am actually quite excited about it since I will basically be an honorary aunt!  They are going with an ocean themed room, a kind of "under the sea" thing, so this is my first project for their room, it will probably be on the door or just outside the room.


I started with a piece of 10"x10" canvas.  I then painted it with navy blue paint.  The main color they chose is a teal/turquoise color and their accent is navy blue.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut all my elements for the canvas and cut all but the stroller from vinyl.  The waves are from a set called "nautical objects" by Sophie Gallo (#47440).  I cut the two at the top left side at 0.6"x5.63" and the two at the bottom right at  0.75"x7.09."  The words are all cut in a white vinyl using a font called "sail" that I found online.  All the words are about 3 1/2" tall (approximately).  The stroller is called "echo park stroller" by Echo Park (#26751).  I cut it at 2.99"x3.25" and cut it out of card stock.  I adhered the stroller with some foam tape for a little dimension.




This was a pretty simple one, but I absolutely love how it turned out.  I am pretty sure they will as well.

This project was based on something I found on Pinterest.  You can see the original pin here.

No comments:

Post a Comment