Sunday, November 24, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Turkey in a Hat

Today's Silhouette Sunday project is an adorable Thanksgiving turkey card.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  The card base is made from white card stock.  I cut a brown mat, from K&Company card stock, at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  The green leaf background is from The Fall and Halloween Stack by DCWV and is 5 1/4"x4."  I cut another piece of the same brown card stock at 2 1/2"x4" and topped it off with two border punched pieces of card stock.  I used the apron lace punch by Fiskars.



I used the "turkey in  pilgrim hat" cut for my image.  This cut is by Michelle Renee and is #50200.  When it is all assembled it measures about 4" tall and 3" wide.  I adhered the pilgrim hat with foam tape just around the edges.  The turkey is loose inside so that it can be pulled out.  I added a piece of white card stock to the bottom of the turkey and stamped a Peachy Keen sentiment to it, the sentiment is from the October 2013 Stamp of the Month kit.


I cut a piece of white card stock into a banner and stamped my sentiment on it.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "A Holiday to Remember" set.  I added yellow glitter and glossy accents to the buckle on the hat, glossy accents to the turkey's beak, and candy cane glitter to the turkey's wattle.  I finished off the front of the card with some gems.  I took some clear gems and colored them orange to fit with my color scheme.


I also finished the inside of this card.  I cut a brown mat at 5 3/8"x4 1/8" and a green leafy mat at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  The orange mat is 3 3/4"x3," the brown mat is 3 5/8"x2 7/8," and the white mat is 3 1/2"x2 3/4."  I used a stamp from Fiskars for my sentiment.

I made this card following the sketch at My Craft Spot and using the current color combo at Color Throwdown.  I also made this for the Thanksgiving theme challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas.

10 comments:

  1. What a fun interactive turkey! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, super cute card! I love your adorable turkey! Thanks SO much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! Love the interactive element. Thanks for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pull out turkey...adorable!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorable turkey! How clever to make him interactive! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FUN take on the sketch! Your little turkey is darling! I love his expression.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is great! Love your pull-out turkey and sentiment. Super cute! TFS your creative card at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...this is sooo cute!!! Love the adorable pull out turkey...such a fun Thanksgiving card!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable and a great way to use the throwdown colors! So happy to see you in the gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete