Thursday, October 02, 2014

I Built Two Houses

I built two houses in the last week...paper houses that is.  I created a couple of haunted houses for Halloween.



Both are made from the same cut file from SVG Cuts.  It is also part of the Haunted Forest set, of which I have already made the witch hat box.  I made one initially for my husband to put on display at work.  He likes being able to dress up his desk a bit, so I have started making things for him to put on it and the house is what I made for Halloween.  First, though, I brought it to work to show off a little.  Since I work in a craft store I knew it would be appreciated.  Well, everyone there liked it so much that I had to make one to put on display at my work.

This is the first house I made.  The papers are all from The Bewitched Stack by DCWV.  This was either last year's Halloween stack or from the year before.







I inked the edges of pretty much all the pieces except the solid black ones.  The orange house panels were inked with spiced marmalade, the plaid house panels were inked with black soot, the green polka dot house panels and the green hounds-tooth roof panels were inked with peeled paint, and the purple door, mat, and roof panels were inked with weathered wood.  The embossed window frames were covered with a light grey ink.

I embossed the shutters and window frames with Cuttlebug embossing folders.  The shutters were embossed with the Spider Stew folder and the window frames were embossed with the Distress Stripes folder.




This is the second one I made.  I used this year's Halloween stack by DCWV, it is called the Eek-a-Boo Stack.







I did a lot of embossing and inking on this one as well.  The chimney was embossed with a Sizzix folder called brick, then inked with white ink.

The window frames and arch details were embossed with the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder, then inked with white ink.  The base was also inked with white ink.  All the patterned paper was inked with black soot Distress Ink.


The roof comes off of both of the houses and you can use them as gift boxes or to hold candy, or you can put in tea lights.  The windows are made of vellum, so the light shines through.

6 comments:

  1. You did fabulous job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! Are you selling any of these? Id love to use one as a Halloween themed wedding card box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Are you selling any of these? Id love to use one as a Halloween themed wedding card box

    ReplyDelete