Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Birthday Fairy

This is a 4 1/2"x6" card. I used a dark brown cardstock for the base, then cut some blue cardstock 1/4" smaller and some kraft cardstock 1/4" smaller than the blue. I embossed the kraft cardstock layer with the Victoria embossing folder. I adhered them all together and wrapped it with two pieces of pink ribbon. The fairy was stamped on white cardstock. I then colored it with some Prismacolor colored pencils and added some glam pink and turquoise Stickles. I used pop-dots to adhere my fairy to the card. I then doodled in a trail for her which I covered with cinnamon Stickles. I added three blue flower buttons and finished it all off by stamping the sentiment in jumbo java ink by Tsukineko.I made this card for these challenges:
365 Cards: "Day 65" - mythical creature (fairy)


Birthday Sundaes: anything goes


Color Throwdown: blushing bride, early espresso, kraft, baja breeze


Papercraft Star: find a sketch to create a card or layout (I used the sketch at Peachy Keen)
Peachy Keen: sketch, pop-up a stamped image

11 comments:

  1. Great card! I love all her sparkles :) ~ that is one embossing folder I may have to get too -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I am passing the Versatile Blogger Award to you! You can pick it up at my blog -http://craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com/2011/05/two-awards.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! That image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fairy is so pretty! Love all the sparkles too!
    Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you did the fairy! Very nice card! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Please stop by my blog when you have time. I have a blog award for you!
    Thanks,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Paula. I love your embossing and fairy! I'm glad you joined the Papercraft Star Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fairy is so pretty.....love how you cut her out and used pop dots.Great card.

    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful mythical creation, Paula! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge at 365 Cards and hope to see you next week too!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete