Monday, December 14, 2015

h-APE-y Holidays

Today's project is another tag:



The tag is made from the Luggage Tag die by Jaded Blossom.  I cut the larger piece twice and put the patterned papers back-to-back to make it stiffer.


The gorilla is from SVG Cutting Files, it is a file called Chibi Gorilla.  He is cut at 3" tall.  I added a hat, complete with holly, and a present to make it for Christmas.  The hat is from the Cricut cartridge "Teddy Bear Parade."  I used a clear Wink of Stella pen on the white parts of the hat for glitter and shine.  The present is from the "Pooh and Friends" cartridge.  The holly is from the "Tis the Season" Cricut cartridge by Creative Memories.  I sized all the accessories to fit the gorilla.  



I used the piece for the gorilla's hand and adhered the "fingers" to the front of the present, then folded the rest of the hand to the back.  I hope it makes it look like he is holding the present.  The snowflakes are from "Teresa Collins - December 25th."  They are cut at 1," 3/4," and 1/2," and covered with star dust Stickles for a little more glitter and shine.  The eyes and holly berries have a dot of white from a gel pen and then are covered in glossy accents.


For the back of the tag I cut a piece of white card stock using one of the Card Mat Dies by Jaded Blossom.  I created the sentiment with a combination of stamps.  The "APE" part is from an alphabet font I have had for many years.  The "h" and "y" parts are from one of the happys on the So Many Birthdays 2 set by Jaded Blossom, I drew in the dashes.  The "holidays" part is from a Fiskars stamp set that I got at JoAnn Fabrics a while back.  The "to" and "from" are from the Fun Money set, also by Jaded Blossom.

I made this for the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: anything but a card
Scrappy Moms Stamps: use a tag 

1 comment:

  1. This tag is so cute! He does look like he is holding the package and the "H-APE-Y" is very clever!

    ReplyDelete