Thursday, December 10, 2015

Winter Scene

I have a quick and simple card for you today before I have to get to my studying.  This one took me about 20 minutes to complete.


The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and I used light blue premade card base.  I used the Panel Dies from Jaded Blossom to cut the white strips and also the brown "window."  For the "window" I used the negative space, trimming around it to give it a frame.  I then used the actual panel cuts from the white card stock to put into the negative space of the brown.  The tress on the panels are from the Winter Panels stamp set, also by Jaded Blossom.  I stamped them in rich cocoa ink by Tsukineko.  The bright red bird is a stamp from Paper Smooches.  It is from the Autumn Groves set.  I stamped it in barn door Distress Ink and fussy cut around it, then adhered it to look like it is sitting on a branch.  The sentiment is also from the Winter Panels stamp set by Jaded Blossom.  I stamped it on a banner cut with a metal die from My Craft Spot.  I used tumbled glass Distress Ink and finished it off with some red gems.




I made this for the current challenge at CASology, the cue word is "tree."

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card you made with your three panels. Love the pop of red from the bird. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty scene with the red bird it is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete