Wednesday, June 12, 2013

All Mixed Up - Creation #3

For creation #3 with the "All Mixed Up" cartridge I made a Father's Day card.  I needed three this year: one for my dad, one for my father-in-law, and one for my grandfather.  I had two in my stash, so this is the third.
 
The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I used a white pre-made card by DCWV for the card base.  I cut some argyle cardstock at 5 3/8"x4 1/8."  The argyle cardstock is from The  Kidlet Stack by DCWV. 
 
I stamped my image on a piece of white cardstock, cut at 3"x2 3/4."  I cut a red mat at 3 1/8"x2 7/8" and covered the edges with red glitter.  I cut a second mat from tan cardstock, cut at 3 1/4"x3" and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger.  I then added the sentiment, which is from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  The dog is stamped in sahara sand ink and the sentiment in pearlescent poppy ink, both by Tsukineko.
 
The blocks that spell out "dad" were cut from "All Mixed Up."  They were cut at 3/4" using the square feature.  I added white brads to the corners and adhered them to the card with foam tape.  I then filled in the letters with x-mas red Stickles.
 
I made this card to enter in these challenges:
365 Cards: "Day 160" - sketch
Fantabulous Cricut: Father's Day
The Perfect Sentiment: create a card with a masculine theme

11 comments:

  1. Super cute pup. Love those big tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the DAD tiles and that argyle paper! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, the image is really cute and the tiling you did with the sentiment looks terrific! Thanks for joining our Father's Day challenge at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the glitter. The stamp of the dog is great, love it. Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome card! Love the colors!!
    Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB!! Scrappy Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. cuteness to the max :)
    So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.


    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at 365Cards, Paula!

    Cheers,
    DT Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. great DAD card and love how you flipped the sketch!!! sooo glad you joined us at 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love your layout and papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete