Monday, June 24, 2013

Art Deco - Creation #5

The past couple of days have been a little busy.  We have had some severe weather roll through this area.  I spent all day Friday without power, which meant no crafting.  I spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning up our yard.  At least we didn't lose any trees, just some branches.  Now that things are better I have managed to make another creation featuring the "Art Deco" cartridge.
 
For this birthday card I used the curtain call font feature and the marquee image.  I used Cricut craft room to help me lay out the font and image to create my card.  The word "happy" is 3/4" tall and "birthday" is 1" tall.  The marquee is 3 1/2." 
 
I used a silver Cri-Kit pen to draw out the word "happy" on the black paper, then cut the image.  I covered "happy" with silver Stickles.  The word "birthday" is cut and adhered to the image.  I covered the little black diamond in black glitter and then some glossy accents.  I adhered it to the image with some pop-dots.
 
The actual card is 3 3/4"x9 1/4."  The dark red mat is 3 5/8"x9 1/8."  The white layer is 3 3/8"x8 7/8."

1 comment: