Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Animal Antics Creation #6

I have another card featuring "Animal Antics" for you today.  This time it is a Father's Day card featuring a cute little seahorse.
 
 The card is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and is made from a navy blue cardstock.  I cut a red mat at 5 1/4"x4" and then a white one at 5 1/8"x3 7/8."  I wrapped those layers with red and navy twine.  The scalloped oval is a Spellbinders Nestabilites die and is adhered to the card with foam tape.

The seahorse was cut from "Animal Antics" at 3."  I also used foam tape to adhere him to the oval.  I covered the dark part of him with midnight blue Stickles for just a little glitter.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the "For the Boys" set.  I added the "dad" at the end of the "you're a real ace" sentiment, but it is from the same set.  I cut the strip the sentiment is on into a banner and added it to the card.

 
This a pretty clean and simple one, but when it comes to masculine cards it seems like less is more.
 
I made this card to fit the following challenges:
365 Cards: "Day 154" - select one sketch and one challenge from Feburary, March, or April to create your own challenge (I used the sketch from Day 34 and the twine challenge from Day 61)
My Craft Spot: all about dads
The Friday Mashup: CAS project featuring the colors of your favorite sport's team (the Minnesota Twins - red, white, navy)
 


9 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! The glitter is a fabulous touch and the seahorse looks so fun with his little racket!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the glitter on the sea horse and all the twine! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling! What an adorable cut!!! The sparkle and twine are perfect touches!!! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inspiration from this cart. I haven't opened my yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job showcasing the colors for the Twins! I especially love how you used the bakers twine!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, it is so nice to see you again. Your card is adorable, I love the twine in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! Oh my gosh, I just love the fun cut and the way you wrapped the twine...awesome!
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very cute... love the tennis theme! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete