Thursday, June 13, 2013

All Mixed Up - Creation #4

I made a Christmas card  for creation #4 with "All Mixed Up."
The card base is an ornament shape that came from "All Mixed Up."  I used the shadow feature and cut it at 3 1/4," it is actually about 5 3/4" tall.  I used the font feature for the letters "m" and "c."  I stamped the rest of the sentiment using some stamps that were in my stash. 
I heat embossed the stamped part of my sentiment with some shimmery green embossing powder.  The holly is also something I found in my stash.
 
I made this card to fit the challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, which is "shades of green."
 
 
I also have a few tips for you.  You can create a shaped card even without using a Gypsy or Cricut Craft room.  All you have to do is cut two of the same image and adhere the top part together.  I did that with this card.  I adhered the top part of the ornament together and created my fold just under the hanger part of the ornament.
 
 Also, if you create a card with a rounded base there is a way to make it stand upright, without falling over.  All you have to do is cut a straight line across the back part of the card.  You don't see the bottom part of the card cut off from the front and your card will stand upright and is better displayed.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! LOVE the fun shape and I adore the felt holly leaves! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun project and great shape with lots of pretty sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shaped card and I really like the lettering Thanks for sharing your shades of green card with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the shape and green glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! and thank you for the tips, too!

    ReplyDelete