Sunday, September 01, 2013

Silhouette Sunday - Eat, Drink, & Be Scary

I thought I would start getting into the Halloween spirit a little early.  Although at work we have had the Halloween stuff set for a couple of weeks already.  Anyway, here is the Halloween card I created:
 
I used a pre-made card from DCWV for my card base, it is 5 1/2"x4 1/4."  I cut a piece of patterned cardstock from K&Company at 5 1/4"x4" for my mat.  The "drink with skull" is #47759 and designed by Michelle Renee.  When it is all assembled it comes to about 5."  The cup alone is just shy of 4," about 3.98."  I cut the cup out of white cardstock and then again in a pale blue vellum to get the right look.  I covered the little bubbles coming out of the drink with some star dust Stickles. 
 
The skull and crossbones were covered with Crackle Accents for a little added texture.  The crossbones were adhered to the cup with foam tape.
 
I ran a piece of lilac twine across the card and added two twine bows.  I adhered my sentiment banner over the top of the twine.  The banner is actually "fold over page markers (#40848)" by Megan Hardy Designs.  I used just one of them, the far left one when you look it up in the Silhouette Store.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, from the "A Haunting We Will Go" set.

No comments:

Post a Comment