Friday, April 08, 2011

Happy Easter Layout

This is a 12"x12" layout. I used a glittery pink cardstock for the base of the page. I used George and Basic Shapes to cut a white circle, using the fit to page feature, it was cut at 10 3/4." The flower border on the left side of the page is cut from Paper Lace. I used the cut to length feature, cutting it at 11" long. I used a pink cardstock for the base layer and white cardstock for the other layer. I then covered some of the flowers with icicle Stickles. I added blue gems to the center of the small flowers. The photo mats are cut to fit 3 1/2"x5" photos. The white layer is 3 3/4"x5 1/4" and the pink layer is 4"x5 1/2." I wrapped them each with a blue ribbon. The sentiment is cut at 3" from the Easter cartridge. The bunny is also cut from Easter, at 5" and I embossed his bow with the Swiss Dots folder. I used pop-dots to adhere the bunny to the page. The Easter basket and eggs are cut from Doodlecharms. The basket and pink and blue eggs are cut at 4." I embossed the basket with the Argyle folder and a Simply Charmed Companion folder. I also embossed the eggs, the blue one with Seeing Spots and the pink one with Spots and Dots. The white egg is cut from Doodlecharms, but I cut it using the real dial size feature and cut it at 2 1/2." I then cut a shimmery brown egg at 2 3/4" (real dial size). I adhered the pink and blue eggs to the basket and adhered it to the page, but just around the edges. That way you can pull out the white egg and use it as a small journaling spot.
I made this layout for the following challenges:




21 comments:

  1. So Pretty! Love how the white egg is for journaling!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute LO! Just love that Easter bunny! Such pretty Easter colors too. Such a great idea to use the egg for journaling, and beautiful added texture to the other eggs with the embossing. Thank you for joining in the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO! I love all the embossing you did and the stickles you added. Great job and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your LO!I love the basket how you Textured it,Cute bunny and the flowers are pretty nice Too!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea for the journaling, and the basket is wonderful ! Now I am thinking about chocolate, even that makes me fatter, lol. Thanks for playing with us this week at Papercraft Star, Paula !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO. I love all the details and my favorite chocolate bunny. Thanks for joining us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, this is just fantastic! I LOVE that basket! How clever ~ I love that look! Spot on! Love the colors and your chocolate bunny looks so yummy! You also used one of my favorite cartridges... George! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun LO and you're all ready for those Easter photos you take!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable Paula. Love that cute Easter basket. So glad to see you join in this week with us at Papercraft Star. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super layout. Love the Easter theme, thanks for joining us at For Fun this week.

    Hugs, Meera x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty layout! I love the chocolate bunny. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh!! that is so much fun.. just makes you wanna take a bite don't it..LOL Great job!!
    thnx for playing with us girls over at whimsical wednesdays..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super great layout!! I might bite his ears off though. LOL Thanks so much for playing along on FOr Fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute layout! I love the chocolate bunny and the basket of eggs! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Star this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Paula~ this is so pretty. I just adore the embossing detail on everything from the basket to the eggs. You made that bunny look good enough to eat. Thanks for playing with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge Blog.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonnia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. That bunny is adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!!! Cathryn67 :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute LO! That bunny looks good enough to eat! One of the best things about Easter...Chocolate :)
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job with this really tough sketch! Love the texture on the Easter basket and all your great Cricut cuts. Thanks for playing along this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you decided to play along with our sketch this week! It was a tough one but your Easter layout is just charming! You did such a good job and I just love the flower border! I am so glad you played along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice! Alllll ready for Easter! Perfect!
    And great cut choices as well!

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete