Wednesday, July 16, 2014

More S'mores

I seem to have gotten on a s'mores kick recently.  I think I may need to make myself some s'mores soon.  So, here is my latest s'mores themed card:



The card is 4 1/2"x6 1/4."  I used brown card stock for the card base.  I cut a mat of white card stock at 4 3/8"x6 1/8."  I then cut some tree patterned paper at 4 1/4"x6."  This paper is from The Paper Studio, the Woodland Retreat stack.  I also cut a strip of grass patterned paper (from Debbie Mumm) and hand cut it to look a little more like ground.  


The bird and the fire are both from "3 Birds on Parade."  The bird is on page 57 and I cut it at 3."  It is adhered to the card with foam tape.  I added glossy accents to the bird's eye and inked the edge of one side of the marshmallow to make it look toasted.  I used tea dye Distress Ink for the toasty marshmallow.  


The fire is created from various cuts on this cartridge.  The logs of the fire are part of a nest, found on page 75.  I cut it at 1."  All pieces of the flame are from the bird carrying a baby (layer 2) found on page 70.  I hid the inner cut of this piece and cut yellow pieces at 1 3/4," the orange piece at 1 1/2" and the red piece at 3/4."  I outlined the flames with star dust Stickles to give it a little shimmer.  The sentiment is from the Happy Camper set by Scrappy Moms Stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment