Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Under the Weather?





Today's card is 4 1/4"x5 1/2."  I used a green plaid card stock for the card base.  I cut a blue mat at 4"x5 1/4."  I then stamped a spotted background stamp, twice, across the blue mat.  I used pearlescent sky blue ink by Tsukineko.  The stamp is from All Night Media.


I used "3 Birds on Parade" for the image.  It was cut at 3 1/2" and is on page 30 of the handbook.  I cu the raindrops (layer 1) three times to get a good amount of raindrops for the card.  I adhered the bird and rain drops to the card and use a double layer of pop-dots to adhere the middle of the umbrella.  It gives is a pretty cool 3-D effect.  I used glittery flocking powder on the bird's wings.  I also covered her beak in glitter and then glossy accents.  The raindrops and her eyes are also covered in glossy accents.  I used a Peachy Keen stamp for her eyes, one from the Kawaii Face Assortment.


The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps, the Sweet Somethings set.  I also used a stamp from that set on the inside as well.  The blue mat inside is 4"x5 1/4," the green plaid mat is 3 1/4"x4 1/2," and the pink mat is 3"x4 1/4."  I also added two more rain drops, covered in glossy accents, to the inside of the card as well.


I made this for the following challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations: cupcake photo inspiration (colors)

Fantabulous Cricut: project related to water

The Friday Mashup: project with a 3-D element and using a background stamp

8 comments:

  1. this is just so adorable...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Paula! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the dotted background and raindrops and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
    - Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! What great raindrops! I love Glossy Accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet card love the raindrops! Thanks for joining FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. Thanks for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations challenge. Eva - DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute I love your shiny raindrops.
    Thank you for joining FCC “Wet & Wild” challenge this week. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L. DT member for FCC
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete