Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Patriotic Cupcake

A little red, white, and blue in the days leading up to Independence Day!



The card base is 4 1/4"x5 1/2," and made from white card stock.  I cut a blue mat at 4 1/8"x5 3/8," then a red striped mat at 4"x5 1/4."  The blue strip is 1 1/2"x5 1/4," the red strip is 1 1/8"x5 1/4," and the white strip is 1"x5 1/4."


I found the cupcake in the Silhouette Store.  It is called "PPbN Designs Delicous Cupcake," and is by PPbN Designs (#46480).  When it is all assembled it is about 4 3/4" tall.  I added diamond glaze to the white "shine" on the cupcake icing and also to the darker blue and red candy dots.  I covered the lighter blue dots with waterfall Stickles and the lighter red ones with x-mas red Stickles.  I also embossed the icing with the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder.


I used a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps for the sentiment.  It is from the Quirky Quotes set.  I stamped it in faded jeans Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I finished off the card with some blue gems.

I made this for the following challenges:
Cupcake Inspirations: cupcake photo

My Craft Spot: Patriotic

6 comments:

  1. What a super fun cupcake! The embossing and large dots combine for quite a delicious looking treat! This is perfect for this week's Celebrate challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Debbie
    DT-CIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how amazing is this cupcake ...lovely card
    .thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    ~Tina~
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one terrific cupcake! Great card. Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations. Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just fun and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Love the swirls on top of your fabulous cupcake!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete