Thursday, July 24, 2014

Super Bird-day!


Dang it!  I didn't come up with the "bird-day" thing until after I had already stamped my sentiment on the card!  Such a lost opportunity!  Oh well, the sentiment still works and the card is still cute.  Maybe next time.



I used "3 Birds on Parade" (again) to create this fun shaped card, great for a little boy's birthday.  I used the superhero bird image, on page 69 of the handbook.  I cut the shadow image twice from white card stock and adhered them at the top to create my card base.  All the pieces were cut at 3 3/4."  This makes the card 3.944"x8.653" when all assembled.  I used Cricut Craft Room to lay out my design.



Once everything was cut I added glittery orange flocking powder to the wing.  I then covered the beak, eye, and accent on the cape with glossy accents.  I also added a button to the accent on the cape.  The sentiment was created using some stamps from Scrappy Moms Stamps.  The "birthday wishes" part is from the Simple Sentiments set.  "Super" was created, with some careful masking, from the word "Surprise" from the Hooray for Birthdays set.  And this is where I wished I had thought of using "bird-day" instead of birthday.  Ah well, such is life.

I have been wanting to make a card using this cute little superhero bird for a while and the current challenge at My Craft Spot was the perfect reason.  The challenge is "just for little boys."

1 comment:

  1. So very cute! The Glossy Accents add the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete