Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fire Truck

I made this card for the fiance of my husband's cousin. He just recently became a volunteer firefighter and was extremely excited about it. My husband and I are both very happy for him, and a little jealous since we are not currently on a fire department. :) The card is 4"x9" and I used cardstock from my stash for most of it. The fire truck is cut at 3." I used pop-dots to adhere the wheels and ladder to the truck and to adhere the truck to the card base. I stamped my sentiment and then went over it again with black diamond Stickles. I added yellow Stickles to the headlight and top light. I also gave the truck a coat of glossy accents to make it bright, shiny, red truck! :)
Supplies used:
  • Cardstock: The Paper Company
  • Patterned paper: Paper House Productions
  • Cartridges: Beep Beep - fire truck
  • Stamp: The Paper Company - "Greetings"
  • Ranger: glossy accents, Stickles - black diamond and yellow
I made this for the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Love the fire truck and the use of glossy accents was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on the Cricut MB and was so happy to see that you entered on our "Challenge Me Monday" post! This card is just super cute and I love the shiny fire truck - great card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job with your AWESOME card!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, Paula! The paper is just perfect with your fire truck - and the fire truck looks amazing with the Glossy Accents. Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! The glossy accents look amazing on the truck! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the glossy fire engine! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous creation Paula! Love the glossy accents on the truck!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete