Monday, February 28, 2011
- Save the award to your desktop and then add it to your blog.
- Choose 5 recipients to pass this award on to and list one reason why you feel their blog or work is special.
- List 5 things about yourself, including one thing you love about crafting.
One small request, it is not a rule, but Grace would appreciate it if you would link back to her blog when you display the award on your blog. Here are the 5 blogs I chose for this award:
- Janis @ Pause Dream Enjoy - for all her cute creations and all the work she puts into the blogging community
- Saundra @ Luv Scrapping Together - she provides such great inspiration
- Elsa @ Cricut Lvr - for her wonderfully creative imagination and her beautiful blog
- Pam @ Simply Pam - I love all her cute Cricut creations
- Christina @ Card Creations & More by C - I love all the quilling she does, such gorgeous work and now creating wonderful things with her Cricut
Now for the five things about me:
- I have been married for six years, my husband is in the Air National Guard
- I have one brother, who is a Navy pilot
- I have lived in Minnesota, Montana & Alaska....currently back in Minnesota
- When I lived in Alaska I lived in North Pole, it is near Fairbanks, and was on the North Pole Fire Department
- I started off my crafting with scrapbooking, but have branched out into cardmaking and altered items and I am loving every minute of it!
The Liebster Blog Award is the second award I received. I got this one from Amy at Love to Crop, thank you Amy! This award was created for bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers, but still put a lot of love and heart into their work. Now I have to pass along this award to 3-5 other bloggers who I feel deserve this award. Here are the ones I picked:
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
It is time for another So Saturday Challenge at Card Creations & More by C! This week the challenge is to make your project SPARKLE!! I had to think for a while on this one, but I think I nailed it!
I had this paper maiche pencil box that I got at JoAnns a while ago and I decided I wanted to use it for this project. All the cardstock I used is from My Mind's Eye, the Deena's Penny Lane stack. I used some glittery striped cardstock and I cut it to fit around the box. I then used some satin mod podge to seal it. I added mermaid Stickles around all the edges of the box for some more added sparkle. The flowers are all from Mother's Day Boquet. I cut all the layers in various sizes, all from patterned cardstocks. I used some purple bling for the centers of each of the flowers. I used some pop-dots to adhere the purple and blue flowers and adhered the green flower right onto the box. I added the bling swirls for even more added sparkle.
Friday, February 25, 2011
That's all for my project....now it is your turn. Head on over to Flaunt It Fridays and join in our challenge! I can't wait to see what you all come up with. :)
Thursday, February 24, 2011
This is a 3 3/4"x9" card, made from a dark brown cardstock. I left the background plain so the other elements would pop more. All the cuts came from the Paisley cartridge. The bee was cut at 2 1/2" and I used the shadow feature on it as well. I cut the wings twice, once with shimmery white cardstock and once with vellum. Once it was assembled, I then folded up the vellum layer of wings, for some dimension and to make it seem like he was flying. The flowers on this card were made using the button feature on this cartridge. I cut them both at 2" and then embossed the flowers with the D'vine Swirls folder and the flower centers with the Swiss Dots folder. Once all the cuts were adhered to the card base I finished it off with some buttons, two butterfly ones and a flower one.
I made this card for the following challenges:
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- CPS: sketch #206 (The sketch inspired how I laid out this card)
- Cricut Cardz: St. Patrick's Day card, but no shamrocks
- Jitterbuggin': make a shape card
- The Paper Variety: include machine, hand or faux stitching on your project
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
I created this for the challenge at Paper Sundaes, which is to use masculine colors. I also used the sketch challenge from The Paper Variety for the layout of my card.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
I used some purple glitter cardstock for this 3 3/4"x9" card base. I then cut some white cardstock at 2 1/4"x9" and some patterned cardstock at 2"x9." I adhered them to the card base. I then cut the flowers from Mother's Day Bouquet. The purple flower is cut at 2 1/2," the blue flower at 2 1/4" and the light purple flower at 1 3/4." I then curled the petals of the blue and light purple flowers. I put a white pearl in the center of the flower. I stamped my sentiment, which is from My Pink Stamper, in wisteria ink by ColorBox. I trimmed the white cardstock around the sentiment and then cut some dark purple cardstock 1/4" larger. I then pop-dotted it to adhere it to the card base.
I used the Friday sketch from 365 Cards for the layout of my card. I also made this for the challenge at My Sheri Crafts, which is "All About Girls," make something girly. What could be better than a Mother's Day card with flowers on it? Enjoy!
Make sure you check out everyone's blogs on this blog hop, leaving comments, and end at Christina's for your chance to win a set of stamps from Scrappy Moms. The blog hop will run from February 19th-21st and a winner will be picked on the 22nd. I am also offering blog candy on this hop, a set of gem stone flower stamps by Inkadinkado and a pink ink pad by Fiskars. I will also draw a winner on the 22nd. Just be sure to leave a comment and have a US or Canadian shipping address. You do not have to be a follower, although I would love it if you were.Your next stop on the blog hop is Janice. Here is a list of the blog hop order:
- Momo: http://madebymomo.blogspot.com/
- Tammy: http://scrappycritters.blogspot.com/
- Mel: http://scrappymel.blogspot.com/
- Sandra: http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/
- Janis: http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/
- Denise: http://cricutmyway.blogspot.com/
- Savhanna: http://svioratomora.blogspot.com/
- Darlene: http://talesoftayandbay.blogspot.com/
- Paula: http://craftwithbee.blogspot.com/ <---me
- Janice: http://cricutology.blogspot.com/ <---next stop
- Sharon: http://meemeescreations.blogspot.com/
- Lauren: http://laurenscreative.blogspot.com/
- Christina: http://cardcreationsbyc.blogspot.com/