Sunday, May 17, 2015

Jump for Joy



The card base is 5 1/2"x4 1/4" and made of black card stock.  The yellow mat is 5 3/8"x4 1/8."


I created the background by stamping a grad cap and star repeatedly all over a piece of 5 1/4"x4" white card stock.  The stamps are from Paper Smooches, the Smarty Pants set.



The girl is from a cut file from SVG Cutting Files.  It is called The Grad.  I used the girl doing the podium jump.  I just didn't use the podium and I also got rid of the cap.  She was cut at 3 3/4" (flipped).  I hid her eyes so that I could use a Peachy Keen face stamp.  I actually combined two stamps for her face.  The eyes and nose are from the Simple Sallies Face Assortment.  The mouth is from the Laffy Taffy Face Assortment.  I added some glossy accents to her glasses.  I used a white gel pen for her teeth and a red glossy pen for her lips.  I then adhered her to the card with foam tape.


The sentiment on the front was cut with a Cricut font from the "Fontastic Fonts" cartridge.  This particular font is called DJ Terrific.  I used my Cricut Explore to lay out the card and cut the font to fit in the space.  I then covered the letters with lagoon Stickles.



For the interior of the card I used some more Paper Smooches stamps.  I used the grad cap again and a sentiment, also from the Smarty Pants set.  The yellow mat is 5 1/4"x4" and the white mat is 5"x3 3/4."

I made this for the following challenges:

The Friday Mashup: create a project for a celebration
SVG Cutting Files: teacher appreciation or graduation
Paper Smooches: anything goes


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Paula, you went to a lot of work for this card. I love the background that you've created by stamping the star and cap and am amazed at how beautifully the "patched together" girl worked out. You would never know that you used a couple of different stamps for her face. I'm in awe. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created and wow, the detail on your girl is terrific! Outstanding graduation card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really cool, I haven't seen a svg file like that girl before so I'm learning new things today! :) Thanks so much for sharing at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love that she has little glasses too! Thanks for joining us in this month's SVG Cutting Files Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! LOVE her face! Thanks for playing along at SVG Cutting Files!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Thanks for playing along at SVG Cutting Files. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Grad Girl!! Thanks for playing along in the challenge at SVG Cutting Files!!

    ReplyDelete