We are allowed to wear costumes at work on the weekends in October and on Halloween. However, you have to have either bought the costumes there or made them using supplies from there. Since, I am not much of a sewer, especially of apparel, I looked for something made from a t-shirt. I can usually modify a t-shirt easily enough. I found this link on Pinterest and thought "I could make that." And, a few weeks later (since homework and studying take precedence, I can only work on it occasionally), here is my result:
I cut up the t-shirt from the bottom up and did the sleeves the same way. I then traced two different sized leaves onto felt and cut them out. I would have loved to use the Cricut or Silhouette, but when I started to work on the leaves I realized that I didn't have enough stabilizer to iron-on the felt. So, I did it the old-fashioned way. Let me tell you, that was a lot of cutting! I then drew the veins on the leaves with marker. I used a hot glue gun to adhere them to the strips of the shirt. I used the smaller leaves on the sleeves, and both sizes everywhere else.
I also made a headband to go with the shirt.
I hot glued leaves to the headband. I then used a piece of wire, already attached to the bird, to attach the bird to the nest. The nest came on a twig, but I removed it first. I then hot glued the nest to the headband.
I got all my supplies at work, JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts. Since it took me so long to create, I will only be able to wear it on Halloween, but I think it will be worth it.