Thursday, March 31, 2016

Daryl Dixon

My husband needs a card for his cousin who just made it through a grueling apprenticeship.  When I found out he likes "The Walking Dead" I began looking through my stamps to see if I had any that would work for a "congratulations" type card.  I came up with this, and I think it turned out fantastic!




The card base is from SVG Cutting Files.  It is called Curved Card Base.  It is about 5 1/2" tall when folded.  It is hard to see in the picture, but the background layer has a subtle arrow pattern on it.  I inked the edges of the card base with black soot Distress Ink and the layer with peacock feathers Distress Ink.


The sentiment is from Jaded Blossom.  It is on the Sassy Pants stamp set.



Daryl is a cut from SVG Cutting Files, but it is one that is no longer available.  He is about 4" tall.  I inked every piece of him to give him that grungy, dirty look.  I even used some sandpaper to distress his pants before I inked them up.  I used the following Distress Inks for various pieces: tea dye, pumice stone, vintage photo, & black soot.  Before adhering his pants I added some twine, that I covered in tea dye Distress Ink, around the pant legs.  Daryl ties the bottom of his pants and I thought this would be an authentic touch.  

Overall I am super pleased how this turned out and I hope my husband's cousin likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment